What was he thinking?

The other day, I received the latest edition of my undergrad’s alumni magazine. Inside the front cover I encountered this photograph of a recent graduation ceremony:

Lipscomb University graduation ceremony
Though I doubt the man to the right is truly upset, he looks angry enough to push off the speaker off the stage or to start throwing those flag poles like javelins into the crowd.

Here’s a close-up:

What was he thinking?

What was he thinking?

What was he thinking?

There’s some serious wrath burning in those eyes. That, or he’s seeing dead people. My question to you is, “What was he thinking?”

“Curse that burrito!”

“I look stupid in this baggy velvet dress!”

“I need a stiff drink.”

“My life is a yawning abyss.”

Please make us all laugh by sharing your own creative captions in the Comments section.

Bless his heart.

Comments Closed

6 Comments

1. Fawn
    Posted January 18, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

I went to church with him. He always looks like that.

Maybe he’s thinking, “I curse the day I invested in X-ray vision. Should have thought about the days I would be standing behind President Lowry. Still, I…can’t…look…away!”

2. austinlchurch
    Posted January 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

This is perhaps my favorite quote yet. I’m sure he’s not at all like what his demeanor in the picture suggests, but I’m glad that face-in-transition was caught on film.

3. Carter
    Posted January 18, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

“Oh no, SBD! Maybe it won’t… oh there it is. How can I pass the blame? Er, Um. Stare of death at the guy talking? Yeah! Everyone will think its him! How dare he.”

4. austinlchurch
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

The SBD on stage is the worst, except, perhaps, for the one that follows you around the car after you open the door for your date—on your first date.

5. Caroline King
    Posted January 21, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

“Curses Ethel!! She said she was going to be “two shakes” at the hair dresser…..1 hour in…..chair still empty. Dadblame woman!! Just brush it and go….Phil’s wife made it….George’s wife made it….even the presidents teenage boy-slave made it…..where are you?”

6. Posted January 21, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

And Ethel’s hair doesn’t even look good. She looks like a sharpei mated with a poodle and then the offspring contracted the mange.